AmnioFix® is a bioactive tissue matrix composed of human amnion/chorion membrane intended for the treatment of acute and chronic wounds to enhance healing.
Growth Factors Present in AmnioFix
There have been 285 different growth factors, specialized cytokines, and enzyme inhibitors identified in AmnioFix, including the following which are some of the most notable regulatory factors that help enhance healing:
- Transforming Growth Factor Beta (TGF-ß1) – Promotes normal soft tissue healing
- Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF) – Promotes cellular proliferation and important for collagen matrix formation
- Platelet Derived Growth Factors (PDGF AA & BB) – Promote cell proliferation in connective tissue and enhance soft tissue healing
Extracellular Components in AmnioFix:
The Extracellular Matrix of amniotic membrane is composed of three major classes of biomolecules:
- Structural proteins: collagen types I, III, IV, V and VII, and elast
- Specialized proteins: bronectin, TIMPs, and laminins
- Proteoglycans: formed when GAGS are linked to core proteins
In addition to the properties of the growth factors present which modulate in ammation, AmnioFix can also stimulate native cells to upregulate their production of immunomodulatory factors.
PURION® Processed dehydrated human amnion/chorion membrane (dHACM) contains extracellular matrix, stimulates multiple cell types to migrate and proliferate, and acts as a Stem Cell MagnetTM drawing mesenchymal stem cells and hematopoietic stem cells from tissues to the site of injury.
Recruited stem cells modulate the body’s in ammatory response releasing their own growth factors, cytokines, and paracrine factors to begin the healing process.
AmnioFix is processed using the proprietary PURION Process, a unique approach that provides an effective and easy to use allograft.
Human amniotic membrane is considered immunoprivileged and has not been shown to elicit an immune response from recipients.8
Ease of Use
- Dehydrated for ease of use and application
- Five year shelf life at ambient conditions; no special storage required
- Over 500,000 allografts distributed with no adverse reactions attributed to our products
AmnioFix may be mixed with sterile saline. Refer to “Instructions for Use” included with product for full application instructions and recommendations.
Since 2006, as the premier leader in regenerative medicine, MiMedx® has been dedicated to advancing healing through innovative biomaterial products and bioimplants. To date, over 25 clinical and scienti c papers have been published in peer-reviewed journals on our PURION® Processed amniotic membrane allografts. The company’s proprietary PURION Process and its multi-layer grafts are covered by over 20 issued patents, with more than 80 patents pending. PURION Processed allografts are clinically effective and more than 500,000 allografts have been distributed to date with no adverse reactions attributed to our products.